Review Request 112375: Use a single frame width for all PM_DefaultFrameWidth

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:59:57 UTC 2013

On Friday 30 August 2013 13:44:35 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> Second: "support the lowest common denominator of QStyle that they both
> follow even" I disagree, and besides, I believe this will simply not work.
> It 'sort of does' in this specific case, but then q_object_cast is used all
> over the place in oxygen, to, for instance, install event filters,
> setup/trigger animation, enable mouse-grabbing in empty areas, enable hover
> on some items for which it was not allowed primarily, etc. Bottomline: I
> fear that the smallest common denominator that would work identical between
> QtQuick and QWidget, will be _very_ small, to the point it becomes quite

Related to this, the following is an impression i encountered working on
qtquickcontrols..

i think in the end is likely we'll end up with a separate qtquickcontrols
style (different from Desktop, still using qstyle based primitives), to
reimplement in qml what can't be done otherwise (like, animations in some
cases, and i fear even frames with white background and borders rendered over
the contents)

this is perfectly supported and probably at some point we'll hit a wall that
pretty much requires that.
As last resort, ie putting in upstream qtcontrols what is possible, but
still...

Cheers,
Marco Martin