[RFC] Port PlasmaComponents to use QtQuick Controls where applicable

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Aug 19 09:41:46 UTC 2013

On Monday 19 August 2013 01:05:50 David Edmundson wrote:
> I think given the current API changes it makes sense to use this
> opportunity to make this change. I believe we will get better more stable
> code for it. I can do most the changes.

I'm with you on this, and I'm really relieved it turned out that
theming the Controls doesn't require us to do something crazy like
writing a QStyle that renders the Plasma theme after all :).

I guess the question is, speaking to Aleix' concerns, working with
Controls, have you found any API that feels in appropriate for the
Plasmoid use case that'd have have to worry about exposing and
comitting too?

Cheers,
Eike