Where should QML stuff be placed to?

Dmitry Ashkadov dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Fri Oct 19 07:59:30 UTC 2012

Hello!

I'm working on QML implementation of system tray for desktop. But I
don't know where the QML stuff (files *.qml & *.js) should be placed
to.  I have found out that there are 3 places. Let <prefix> be share
directory for applications (usually it /usr/share/apps ) and <name> be a
name of application/plasmoid, so the possible places, I found out, are:

 1. <prefix>/<name>
 2. <prefix>/plasma/plasmoids/<name> — as I know this is only for QML
    pure plasmoids
 3. <prefix>/plasma/packages/<name>

So, where should the QML stuff be placed to in case of:

 1. C++ applet with QML interface like system tray from kde-workspace
    (it consists of *.so library and QML stuff)
 2. Simple pure QML applet (only *.qml & *.js files)
 3. C++ applet with QML interface but from playground or isn't a part of
    KDE at all

Thank you!