Workspace Next Sprint Organization

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu May 10 21:16:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thursday 10 May 2012 17:25:18 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> Basically what we are going to do is imagine how the sprint will work,
> prepare room for everything (vision, technical stuff, design stuff, having
> fun...).
>
> Of course, whatever we come out with will be a tentative schedule of how we
> think people should be organized. Once we are on the sprint things may of
> course change.

I'd like to use this opportunity to present a bit which type of mindset I'll
have during this sprint:
 * I likely won't code much (ok, I'm still a hacker, if I get a change I'll
take it but I'll try to refrain from it); :-D
 * I'll try to facilitate the process of creating a shared common vision for
the desktop workspace next iteration (I hope you love games, I like to use
those at least in the early phases);
 * Most importantly (IMO), I'm coming with a neutral position and no pre-made
opinion on what should be result.

It definitely won't be an exercise of pushing my own agenda or pet features.
And I strongly advise anyone attending to do the same. If you come with a list
of pet features or an agenda you'll just hinder any effort to produce a
*shared* vision in general, and one which respects the current project culture
in particular[*].

Sorry if it seems like noise, but I thought it could be worth reminding
everyone involved in order to have a productive sprint. :-)

Regards.

[*] The KDE Workspace and the sub-community around it has an history going
back to the early KDE 1 betas. If you think you can have a clean slate and
ignore that completely, IMO you're fooling yourself.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net