Heads up, working on autocompletion and breadcrumbbar!

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:40:30 UTC 2012

On Saturday 14 January 2012, Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is just a mail to inform people that I'm working on auto completion
> for QML.
> Initially this was meant for my Breadcrumbbar that i'm also making for QML,
> but after making the completion logic in C++ i figured that i might as well
> make a generic version that can be used to autocomplete about anything.
>
> Work log (AutoComplete):
> - C++ side auto completion: done
> - Auto completion QML component (AutoCompleter): todo
> - Ability to use "AutoCompleter" with TextField and a "dropdown" (where is
> that QML plasma component?): todo

comboboxes aren't supported at the moment, no

good job on the autocompletition tough
that should be provided transparently in textfield i think..

still wondering how to do that, if try to stick with the desktop components
implementation that can still change every day or trying something new
altogether

> Work log (BreadcrumbBar):
> - C++ side: 90% done (uses the C++ AutoComplete as described above along
> with KIO)
> - Binding it to QML: todo
> - BreadcrumbBar qml side: 90% done (no auto completion in it yet and there
> is no theme for it)
>
> My goal with the breadcrumbbar is to make it work exactly like the bar in
> Dolphin. Only then written in QML and with fancy animations and that is
> working really well at the moment ^_^

what i am wondering a bit is the exact use case for it.
since plasmoids are usually intended to be really simple uis, this seems quite
complex.

and i'm not saying that is not useful per se. i'm just wondering what was your
use case.

do you have a plasmoid that would use that? if so, should maybe be its private
component for a while untilthere is a good use case to share it with others
and thus put it in an extended components library..

Cheers,
Marco Martin