GSoC 2012 plasma development

Łukasz Olender lukiasz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 09:12:43 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm considering participate in 2012's Google Summer of Code. I'm using KDE
for five years, so I thought I could help develop something in it. I saw a
list of ideas and I think that I could help in re-writing plasmoids
initialization system:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#Project:_Lazy.2FAsynchronous_Plasmoid_Inititalization.
I'm a third year student who never programmed in KDE and I know that you
are looking for person who actually is able to complete the task, so I
thought it will be good idea to contact with you and mentors and maybe get
some tasks to complete before GSoC will start to make you know that I can
be a right person. I also didn't participate in GSoC so I don't know how it
looks from inside. Can you give me some advices?

Best regards,

Lukasz Olender