Activities KCM

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 18:21:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,

What would you like to see configurable in activities?

Currently planned (and mostly finished):
 - plugins selection
 - choosing which applications' documents should be stored in
    history (all, none, choosing the specific ones [1]), for how long
 - clearing the history (like in firefox - with time interval choices)

General tab:

So far, the /general/ tab is planned to have the stuff already present in the
activity switcher. [2,3]

Why?

At first, I wanted to add the per-activity selector for applications that
should be tracked (like the one in [1], just for specific activity), but now
I'm thinking it would be an overkill.

The second thing that was supposed to be in the general tab is activity
encryption (again, a per-activity choice).

Now, I'm thinking it would be better to remove the General tab (or replace the
content with something useful) and put the encryption choice (once I finish
it) into the activity switcher. (though the space there is quite sparse)

Ch!

[1] http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/wp-
content/uploads/2012/08/kamdsettings.png
[2] http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/341/kamdsettings1.png
[3] http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8151/kamdsettings2.png

--
Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
  -- Leo Rosten