Some simple ideas for desktop 4.8

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 26 14:47:38 UTC 2011

On Monday, September 26, 2011 16:29:43 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> How many virtual desktop users prefer "Showing what you're running" and how
> many virtual desktop users prefer "Only show on current desktop".

and one needs to add how much pain/benefit each setting provides when it is
the "wrong" setting.

e.g.:

if i would prefer seeing all windows, but i only see some, what is the cost?

if i would prefer seeing only windows on this desktop, but see all, what is
the cost?

so if 65% (made up number :) of people who use multiple desktops would prefer
"only show on" but the cost is high when "only show on" is wrong, it may still
make sense to default to "show all".

which also begs the question of how easy is it to find the configuration
controls for these things ... so much one could investigate to expand our
decision making knowledge :/

humru othro a kohnu se