IconTasks taskmanager changes

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 12:58:37 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 13:30:56 Craig Drummond wrote:
> This contains a forked version of taskmanager, which I would like to fold
> back into the main taskmanager code. Seeing as soft feature freeze is on
> the 27th (tomorrow!), I thought I should ask if it is ok to add this to the
> feature plan. (Also, should I add IconTasks itself (say for plasma-addons)
> as well?)

you can add it to the feature list, however importing IconTasks itself to
kdeplasma-addons means that all things are merged. so i'd like that to be a
(very) soft target and concentrate first on the patches ot libtaskmanager.

it's very hard to tell from your list of features what can be merged
immediately, what will need refinement and what should perhaps be done in
other ways ... the only way to know that is to start going through the patches
one by one. if you could start posting those, that would be great and we can
get a move on the merging of libtaskmanager. :)

> point, AFAIK, will be the reading of pre-existing launchers where these are
> not mapped to a .desktop file. As I said, IconTasks does not support this -
> and I don't think embedding the icon, etc, in the config file is a good
> idea anyway.

and for applications which do not have a .desktop file anywhere?

humru othro a kohnu se