Thoughts about statusbar

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Oct 11 10:16:51 UTC 2011

Taking a look at some apps, I've noticed that most of them have an almost
unused statusbar (or totally not used in some cases) resulting in a big empty
grey space.

In the same way that bit a bit we're fixing the KStatusNotifeir behavior in
our apps, should we fix the status bar by removing it and placing somewhere
else the content (if they are really needed?)

The easier thing though, and the very least we should do is hide it by default
as some apps do.

What do you think? is statusbar (as badly used right now) needed?