ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sun Oct 2 07:26:34 UTC 2011

In data domenica 02 ottobre 2011 02:47:49, Kevin Kofler ha scritto:

> without a custom Plasma init script enabling the folder view of ~/Desktop
> one way or the other (either as a widget as in 4.6 or in Fedora 16, or the
> KDE-3-style "folder view as desktop" mode), complaints will start popping in

I would argue that that's exactly the role of distributions, i.e. adjusting
settings and so on. But I wasn't referring to "no folderview shown", but to
the first time when the workspace abolished "show the desktop by default".
I rarely saw such a complaint in the forums.

Nevertheless, asking for feedback and posting something in the forums would
help judge the reactions. And that's also why we have forums there (aside from
user support).

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter