Create new bugzilla components for the dataengines??

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:04:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas
<terietor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do you believe that some new bugzilla components for the dataengines
> that could be helpful?
> In order to split the bugs of the dataengines from the bugs of the plasmoids.
>
> A few pros and cons that i could think of.
>
> Pros
> It would be easier for the contributors to track down the issue.
> The dataengines doesn't live in the same dir with the plasmoids.
>
> Also for some plasmoids that use the same dataengine it would be
> "nicer" to have the bugs of the dataengines seperate.
>
> Cons
> Someone has to do it.
>
> What do you think?+1 -1

I doubt most users would be able to tell whether a problem lies with a
dataengine or with a plasmoid, and having it might lead to them
incorrectly attributing it to one or the other.  On the other hand, it
could help with bug tracking if developers could re-assign bugs to
dataengines.  So there are pros and cons in my opinion, and I wouldn't
know which weighs more heavily in this case.

-Todd