QML Analog Clock

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:40:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Viranch Mehta <viranch.mehta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently started working on the QML analog clock plasmoid. I adapted
> basic
> code from declarative-plasmoids repo. I added and implemented the config
> dialog and
> options, and showing the timezone.
> What I'm stuck at: I saw the original analog clock uses clockapplet from
> libs/plasmaclock.
I think this is an use case for a partially C++ applet.

basically, you take libPlasmaClock, that already is just logic and config uis.

you add a method setPackage that loads a qml file from a plasma
package and the loading of the main qml file from such plasma package.

then everything that an implementation will do will basically be using
the main qml file from one package or another (should be possible to
do that purely with a desktop file and nothing else)

how does this sound?

Cheers,
Marco Martin