Small improvement regarding activity icons, suggestions needed

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:37:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm currently on a quest to fix minor things that bother me in Plasma
Desktop. :)

One thing I don't like is that when you configure activities, the icon
button is simply disabled if Nepomuk isn't enabled. It's far from obvious
to users that you need to enable "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop" in order to
change some icons. My idea is to add a tooltip when the button is disabled,
something along the lines of "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop must be enabled in
order to change this icon".

Before I go ahead and create a patch I would like to hear what you think of
this, and if there are any more elegant solutions. Suggestions for the text
in the tooltip are also much appreciated.

So, string freeze is tomorrow? Oops.

With best regards,
Hans Chen