plasmate's roadmap

Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos terietor at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:17:50 CEST 2011

Hello,

the issue regards the existing delete button and the future made destroy
button.

Please take a look at plasmate/projectmanager/projectmanager.cpp at
ProjectManager::confirmDeletion.

In order to be more understood i will separate my thoughts in 3 parts,which
are:

1)the existing functionality of delete button
2)examing the names of the buttons
3)coding issues regarding the new button

1)The existing delete button deletes a project from the recent list and also
all the subfolders of the deleting project,except from the parent folder and
the NOTES file which is generated by the "Notes" dock widget.

When we decided to create a destroy button in order to delete the files in the
system we didn't know that the delete button is working like this.Should we
make it able to delete only project from the recent list?

2)Personallly i think that it would be more appropriate to rename the delete
button to close button but only in the case which it will delete projects from
the recent list like kdevelop.
If we do that,there has to be some change in the names of functions.

If we rename the delete button the destroy button should be renamed to delete.

3)The destroy button that we want to be added to the plasmate will be able to
delete a project from the recent list and from the system.So it has to share a
lot of code with the ProjectManager::confirmDeletion aka delete button.I think
that we should make 3 functions and to remove the
ProjectManager::confirmDeletionm.The first one will be the shared code and the
other too will some specific code for each function.

Please express your option!

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas