Self-introduction: GSoC student (Fedora Project) working on Plasma PackageKit integration

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:49:53 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 14 June 2011 08:42:17 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> This summer, I am working on a Google Summer of Code 2011 project with the
> Fedora Project, mentored by Rex Dieter. The main goal of my project is to
> enable Plasma to install required script engines and data engines for
> Plasma widgets downloaded through Open Collaboration Services (OCS)
> through PackageKit. (The script engines and data engines cannot be offered
> through OCS because they have to be compiled for the distribution.) Rex
> Dieter has been suggesting to use PackageKit for this purpose for a while:
> http://rdieter.livejournal.com/14707.html
> http://rdieter.livejournal.com/14897.html

This sounds great. Last year I wanted to make something like this myself [1]
only just for scripted DataEngines via OCS, but due to personal circumstancies
I was unable to procede with the project.

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2010-December/thread.html#14411

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen