Plasma-desktop, Awesome and multiple screens

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Jul 6 00:40:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

Pleasew let me know where to turn if this is not the right forum.

I'm running debian testing with kde4.6.3 on a laptop with a nvidia card and
am using "KDEWM=/usr/bin/awesome".

At work I have two screens and plasma-desktop beautifully plays with
awesome (serving panels, backgrounds,...).

However, when I run the same setup without the large external screen,
everything get's screwed up: plasma overlays backgrounds etc. on
awesome's window managing and I have to break out to a terminal and killall
plasma-desktop to get an operational setup.

Does anyone here have any hints on how to make this work for the laptop-
only and multi screen cases?

Thanks, Joh