dah-dah-da-daaaaah! synchrotron!

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Fri Jan 7 12:59:35 CET 2011

Hey Frank!

Quoting Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org>:
> Introducing custom parameter kills OCS as a standard because this
> means that not all clients can talk to all servers.
> This might not be a problem if some is using only plasma and your
> server but it breaks the idea of OCS.

Even if it's an optional parameter? I mean, if the client understands
a superset of arguments of the OCS standard it shouldn't be a problem
to talk to any other OCS server right?

I understand your point for *required* parameters, but if this is an
*optional* one, it should work for everybody, doesn't it?

Cheers! :)

Artur