Move KDEObservatory applet and dataengine to kde-apps

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Tue Jan 4 03:32:05 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, January 3, 2011, Sandro Andrade wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Due to last changes in KDE repositories (git migration) and some
>> dependencies on services provided by my personal website,
>> I would like to move (as suggested by Anne-Marie) KDE Observatory
>> applet and dataengine from kdeplasma-addons to kde-apps.
>>
>> Any particular considerations about that ?
>
> what is kde-apps? kde extragear? or are you suggesting moving it to kde-
> apps.org and out of KDE's svn/git altogether?

The web service used by KDE Observatory is experiencing a very high
load of SQL queries
due to high commit traffic information. So, I need to make some
changes in order to have it
functional again and take the chance and provide git integration.
Since it's usually getting no
information from the service, Anna's suggested moving it somewhere
else. Extragear is fine
for me, or any other place just to have these things solved.

Thanks,
Sandro