KRunner plugin documentation

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Wed Dec 7 16:34:05 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 12:09:30 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Yes (after I wrote the mail :) ), I have two problem with it:
> - it is not readable (partly due to that is is semi-transparent, and that is
> lists all the plugins, so you have 10+ entries starting with <search term>)

I never understood what kind of usability philosophy supports having a list of
several dozen entries but only one visible at a time.

> - it doesn't describe everything, e.g unit converters.
>
> So I keep my statement that a per-plugin documentation is needed.

A long time ago I suggested to put some info into the list where you
enable/disable the plugins.

Currently the "info" button is useless because it does not hold any useful
information or help about the plugin but just some copyright info.

So either make that info button useful by adding info about the plug-in's
features or add a second button. Since that button would be called "info" or
"help" as well and get the same icon, it shows how useless the current has
been since it was introduced, i.e. it lacks the obvious content its icon and
name mediate.

Sven.