Contribution proposal: Easier way to move windows between activities

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Aug 6 12:26:33 UTC 2011

On Saturday, August 6, 2011 11:50:38 Andreas Demmer wrote:
> does someone have a better suggestion how the workflow should be like?

in Share Like Connect, you can select the Connect button, select Activity and
the activity you want. this is at least more discoverable than the right
click. i don't know if it's fast enough (i imagine it could be helped by being
in a consistent location, etc), especially since right now you can't select
one activity and de-select another one without opening it twice.

> Second: I see from the pastebin plasmoid, that plasmoids already seem
> to support dragging things on them. Is it already possible do react on
> window-drag or does this have implications to add this feature to KWin?

a window drag isn't a normal drag-and-drop event, so this would require some
support from the window manager to indicate that a window is being dragged.

humru othro a kohnu se