can't access methods of data engine output for digital-clock declarative example

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:14:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Shaun Reich <shaun.reich at kdemail.net> wrote:
both date and time, which QScript would then handle.

> Reviving this thread as I have a similar issue...how could one access,
> for instance the time without milliseconds? e.g. getSeconds() and such
> does not work.
>
> Why do the bindings use the javascript extensions in the first place.
> I would've thought it'd make more sense to use qt's api which at a
> glance[1] seems far more thorough than javascript's[2].

because the javascript one is available and at least we are sure it
will continue to be.
binding qdate would mean writing by hand its complete bindings in
javascript, that besides almost duplicating its api, it's very likely
that in qt5 it would disappear, as anything binded with qtscript

Cheers,
Marco Martin