Bugs and aktivities

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 19:17:54 CEST 2010

> > need to *start* applications, just put launcher icons for them on the
> > desktop... then the activity template is just another plasma template :)
> > and that's something we had planned but I only got halfway through it.
>
> yeah, would be a containment template associated to an activity name,
> starting application should not even be too hard.

not activity name, no. it would create a new activity. there was discussion
about this and about how corona would go into a special mode where newly-
created containments would stick to that new activity, but, I forget where...
crud, I should have documented that.

> for the applications to have already their own acrtivity related settings
> sounds harder..  basically every application should already know the
> possible set of acivity templates and already have ah hoc settings for
> them, ouch

no no, completely infeasible.
either you'd try and mess with the config (eh.. also likely infeasible)
or you'd convince the application to store all its activity settings in
nepomuk where you could get at them (and hope that it notices you've changed
them there).

--
Chani
http://chani.ca