Panel icon sizing bug in 4.4

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun May 23 19:08:39 CEST 2010

> There appears to be a bug, or at least a change in behavior for panel icon
> sizing in KDE 4.4 (specifically Debian 4.4.3-2).  In previous versions of
> KDE (e.g., 4.3), panel icons would resize with the panel up to at least
> 48x48.  However, as of KDE 4.4 panel icons appear to be restricted to 32x32
> in size.

As far as I know, it is intentional, that is, it is not a bug.

From my point of view, this is something that we can make configurable (there
already is a configuration page in system settings > application appearance >
icons > advanced, but the size setting is disabled)

This, however, can't be done in 4.5 since we are in the feature freeze.

For the time being, the 'cap' could be changed if the rest of the ppl here
agree.

Cheerio.

--

You know, there are many people in the country today who,
through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane.