system tray work

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:05:34 CEST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 29, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 April 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > this really has little to do with the system tray work, though, other
> > > than the icon.
> >
> > probably it has to do a little (window not being raised on top and
> > opening more copies sounds pretty much at that level)
>
> they were all bugs in krandr. i just committed fixes for them.
>
> > i think i like more the second option.
> > the only problem is that the ui for it would be rather clunky (there
> > would be two distinct shortcut configurations in 2 different places that
> > do almost the same thing)
>
> yes, a little clunky. perhaps room for improvement in the future. bonus
> points for working with any entry in the system tray though ;)
>
> which reminds me: someday we really ought to implement some keyboard
> navigation :)
now it works:
the config ui is still somewhat crap. the shortcut configuration is together
the autohide list, to not duplicate a list of all applets, so the page should
become "items configuration" or something like that.
but i think the prettiest way would be to separe it to another list and put it
under the keyboard shortcut page (only place where it wouldn't be confising i
think) i don't think there is a way right now and i wouldn't like to add api
just for that hmmm...

Cheers,
Marco Martin