JS API questions

Nikita Melnichenko open-development at yandex.ru
Mon Mar 8 15:14:43 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I have several questions concerning JS API. I'd appreciate if you could answer.

1. Issue with plasmoid.file.
plasmoid.file("", "path/to/file") doesn't work
I've found a workaround plasmoid.file("ui", "../path/to/file") but I don't like it. What's the proper way?

I could create a bug report if it's needed.

2. setMinimumSize bug.
The thing doesn't work from the start, but does work after some time. We talked with Aaron Seigo about it already but since it's not in the bugzilla I'm afraid that we'll forget this thing.

Should I submit a bug report?

3. I can't figure out how to use stylesheet property. I've found some C++ examples but they don't work here. Could you give me an example?

4. I want to separate replies from dataengines, so I probably need to connect it to other objects than the global plasmoid object. That's to make code prettier. I'm aware about Label, TextEdit, Meter, but they're not suitable for this purpose, my dataUpdated isn't called. What can I do to separate replies?

5. The API docs have notes that we can draw on different widgets. That's good because I can workaround the SvgWidget bug. But I'm stuck here. Could you give me an example?

6. I'm using extensions so I want to block some of them to check different branches of code. How to do that?

7. All plasmoids have a shortcuts. What's their purpose?

8. We talked with Aaron Seigo about Actions, Extenders, Runners lately and it was noted that he needs help to update the docs. I'd like to help in some way but I need a starting point: where to look for available methods, classes, etc.? Maybe somebody else would help here too.

Thank you!