On Plasmate's previewer

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 06:09:53 CET 2010

> So, in the end how are we planning to implement the dataengine and
> runner previewer? Aaron said about a generic Previewer class, we're
> going to do that, right?

Yep. So a base previewer class in /previewer, the current previewer inherits
from this class and pushed into /previewer/plasmoid, and then create two
more classes in /previewer/dataengine and /previewer/runner which also
inherit from the base previewer class.

As for more specific details, I'm not sure myself. I was thinking - for
runner, look at and imitate krunner/search and launch code; and for
dataengine, look at plasmaengineexplorer code :) We should make them all
live in a dockwidget and they should work reasonably well in the small space
the plasmoid previewer currently lives in.

> Well, I'd like to implement the dataengine previewer, so after we're
> done with the above question, I think I can take it up :)

Cool :)

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/