Model/View and plasma javascript

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 30 17:02:42 CEST 2010

I'm wondering if its possible to use a QStandardItemModel or something
similar to it with the javascript bindings. I tried QStandardItemModel, but
it doesn't seem to exist.

Though even if I am able to use a standard model from Qt or KDE, I don't
think theres a view that I'll be happy with, so I'm planning on writing my
own, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in what I have in
mind, and if it could make it into plasma's default widgets.

Basically its a fancy, plasma-ish tree widget (won't look like a standard
tree widget) where the top level items span the width, like a header for a
"Section", and the children can collapse under the headers. I guess it would
look a little like the device notifier widget, but with a lot less padding
or margin around the child items.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca