Strange crash in plasmoid

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 7 06:07:57 CEST 2010

On July 6, 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Mon July 5 2010 17:18:11 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > I've gotten quite a bit further with my plasmoid, but I've hit a wall.
> > I just can't seem to figure out whats causing a crash:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/HFPqKPwm
> >
> > Somehow adding an item to a QGraphicsLinearLayout is crashing, and the
> > trace  I've been able to get from either valgrind or gdb really hasn't
> > helped.
> >
> > Has anyone seen anything like this before? So far I just can't figure
> > it out.
> >
> > I'll be stopping for today, hopefully a break will allow me to see it
> > clearer (tends to help more often than not).
>
> Without the code, the bt is pretty useless. Can you show the code causing
> this?

Yeah, it seems that I had some cruft in NetworkInfoApplet.cpp that created
and set a new layout after the HostList widget was created, overwriting the
one it created, causing any attempts to access it to crash. I'm assuming Qt
free'ed the QGraphicsLinearLayout object that was created by the HostList
object when setLayout was called by NetworkInfoApplet.

I knew it was a PEBKAC error, but I didn't expect it to be /this/ stupid. Ah
well, live and learn.

Thanks for the interest :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom