notifications, again :D

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 01:55:36 CET 2010

while we're on the subject of notifications, I ran into an inconvenient issue
today: http://chani.ca/sshots/notify-ambiguous.png
I was downloading four files, all of which are similarly named, but they were
talking forever.. I realised I didn't actually need one of them, but I
couldn't tell which was which, because the important part of the filename was
hidden by the "...".

I eventually figured it out based on how much had been downloaded, but it'd be
really nice if there was a way to get the full path out of those shortened
ones. even just a tooltip would be fine in this case. :)

I think I've seen this happen somewhere else in kde at least once before, so I
wonder if it could be solved in the actual widget somehow... (I don't actually
know where the url-shortening code lives)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com