notifications, again :D

J Janz jj at juniorjanz.net
Mon Jan 25 15:31:28 CET 2010

2010/1/25 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>

> well, x would have to dismiss only one in this case (no idea how to do a
> dismiss all button that is not dangerous)

I don't see much of a problem with that. If the messages are still valid, so
the user should really see them and dismiss the ones he wants to (otherwise,
there's no reason for the message still be considered valid).

Is a dismiss all button really needed? At the moment, I think well weighted
valid messages would leave us with a reasonable amount of messages to
interact to.

> about the verticl vs horizontal, if the popup will be wider than tall, a
> vertical scroll would become  quite broken, while an horizontal one would
> give
> more the idea of "scrolling trough pages"

However, as notifications grow up and shrink down (to a horizontal panel, at
least), it might feel more natural to have them scrolling up and down (like
all of them getting stacked after showing up). Well, also, if they come and
go horizontally in a vertical panel (I never tested and have no kde around
right now), they should scroll horizontally for that case. That is, IMHO,
it's more natural if they scroll in the same direction they show up and go
away.
--
"Eu sou a ressurreição e a vida. Quem crê em mim, ainda que morra, viverá; e