Widget Explorer usability problems

Sean suseux at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:17:04 CET 2010

2010/1/12 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On January 11, 2010, Sean wrote:
> > 5. Tooltips are huge when you mouse over the widgets, with a lot of
> wasted
> > space.
>
> btw, this one is fixed in trunk. it required a small but important tweak to
> Plasma::Dialog's API, so i can't backport for 4.4.
>
> the click-hold-to-scroll the applet list will be on my agenda for tomorrow
> and
> should be backportable.

That's great!

Here is the idea for a new category UI design
http://imagebin.ca/view/5yNh2p3.html

Simple, to the point and users know these from the Kicoff menu. Recommended
could be widgets that are randomly recommended for use by us. Maybe track
the users most used and randomly pick from it? It's mainly just a fill in
for now really.

Here is a idea for a way to remove widgets and more than one of the same
kind http://imagebin.ca/view/UaQTcxW.html

Sorry about the boxes in the background, they obscure the bitmap image
original for now. :p