Idea: Window management for 4.5

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:43:18 CET 2010

On January 31, 2010 15:02:40 Emdek wrote:
> On 31-01-2010 at 19:17:10 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On January 30, 2010, Emdek wrote:
> >> The idea which I currently want to implement is to set for entry / icon
> >> state which indicate that it needs attention (usually there is shown
> >> animation) and showing widget in dialog / window / widget shown after
> >> clicking on icon or through submenu.
> >
> > hm; i'm not sure i understand what you are referring to exactly. could
> > you
> > provide more details? thanks :)
>
> I mean that (if user enable option to connect notifications with tasks)
> when there is new notification, then icon (own if cannot be connected with
> window or that shared with task entry) starts for example blinking and
> notification (as widget with information) is shown after clicking on icon
> or on entry in it's context menu.
> This is only idea for my applet, and it may be changed during
> implementation phase.

having to click to read the notification would fail very, very badly if it was
the "your computer will suspend in ten seconds" notification. :)
it also forces the user to act (they probably can't know if they need to
handle it until they've read it), so it's not a good idea in general. show it
when it arrives, *then* hide it.

as for the rest of your ideas... i can haz mockups? :) pictures make it much
easier to understand these things.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com