The state of KWin

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Sun Dec 26 16:40:18 CET 2010

On Sunday 26 December 2010 14:19:37 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> just cannot understand that problems like slowness of Present Windows with
> NVIDIA is reported by users in the beta phase several month after the code
> hit trunk!

I would be cool if there was a separate "kwin-test" (or so) package that depends on the
latest stable Platform/Workspace and whose KWin binary also has a different file name and
whose settings are stored in different files.
I have only one PC available for personal use and as long as the stable/unstable choice is
exclusive, I simply can't afford to switch to a SC version that is not at the very least
in RC stage.
That would also enable me to occasionally use kwin-test on the PC at work (for which I
have root rights) and leave all the others of its users with the stable KWin version.

Markus