First try on Git repo for kdebase-workspace

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 14 01:15:39 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:10 PM, John Layt <johnlayt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2010 23:56:56 Alex Fiestas wrote:
>> On 12/14/2010 12:30 AM, Ian Monroe wrote:
>> > Dunno if dropping 'kde' makes sense. Dropping the 'base' makes sense,
>> > since its mostly a historical artifact. But workspace is KDE's
>> > workspace under past and present marketing schemes, so it makes sense.
>> >
>> > Plasma-workspace might be ok as well, even with Aaron's point. Just
>> > "workspace" seems way too generic. Remember this is the name the
>> > tarball would get, probably the name (new) distros would give the
>> > package as well...
>>
>> Well, it is already under the KDE git repository so in theory it is
>> already "KDE branded".
>>
>> For me just "workspace" works.

A repo name of "workspace" lacks context outside of the initial clone
from git.kde.org. The "litmus" test so far for repositories I have
created is "does the repo name make sense by itself"? In this case I
don't think it does.

It should be named kde-workspace or sc-workspace from my point of view...