First try on Git repo for kdebase-workspace

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Dec 14 00:30:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 16:21, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 December 2010, Dario Freddi wrote:

>> > i'm not 100% sure (but not 100% unsure, either) about that for a few
>>
>> > reasons:
>> Me as well, why not calling it simply "workspace"? It's simple, direct, and
>> imho somehow reflects the marketing scheme we're trying to follow lately.
>
> +1, workspace and runtime, without kde- plasma- whatever-

Dunno if dropping 'kde' makes sense. Dropping the 'base' makes sense,
since its mostly a historical artifact. But workspace is KDE's
workspace under past and present marketing schemes, so it makes sense.

Plasma-workspace might be ok as well, even with Aaron's point. Just
"workspace" seems way too generic. Remember this is the name the
tarball would get, probably the name (new) distros would give the
package as well...

Ian