PlasmaKPart moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 17:05:30 CEST 2010

On Thursday, August 12, 2010, Ryan Rix wrote:
> I've moved PlasmaKPart, a KPart which can be used by any application who
> wishes to enable a dashboard/summary page in their application, into

i don't think that the config UI should be in the kpart. it's likely going
 to be different for each app.

if sharing is desired, what could be done is to turn the config UI into a
kcm, which is then loadable using the standard kcm mechanism. but i'm
wondering if the amount of code in AppletSelector justifies code sharing
 there.

in any case, that would remove one more bit of uglyness in the kpart.

being
able to enumerate which applets are available / instantiated might be
 necessary.

humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F
 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43