QGraphicsWidget::geometryChanged problem in 4.7

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 11 00:21:06 CEST 2010

On August 10, 2010, you wrote:
> > do you agree that this should get fixed in Qt?
>
> Obviously. Will do tomorrow ASAP and ask integration in 4.7.0

awesome :) thanks x 1000.

> > and then i just need to
> >
> >  figure out
 how to make it so that we don't get these errors:
> > QMetaObject::indexOfSignal: signal geometryChanged() from
 QGraphicsWidget

> >  redefined in Plasma::Applet
>
> Well if you compile it out it should work right? With 4.7 and after the
> signal is not defined anymore in Plasma::Applet.

the code will work, but my concern is binary compatibility in libplasma. i
don't believe the signal can be removed without harming BC. and then when
items connect to the signal in Plasma::Applet ... i'm not sure which signal
 they will end up connecting to. not good :/

will have to find some sort of work around...

> I'm building my KDE against
 4.7, it's funny I've never seen this issue.

> > erf. hopefully QObject::connect is up to the task of connecting two
> > signals of the same name from two different objects in the inheritance
> > hierarchy. i
> >
> >  don't have a good feeling about that.
>
> Me neither.

well, huzzah for that then ;)

humru othro a kohnu se
GPG
 Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43