using plasma for KDevelop dashboard

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Apr 30 01:07:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On April 29, 2010, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Does it make a difference?
>
> not so much from the libplasma side. but sharing config files is a great
> way
> to lead to unexpected naming collisions. if avoidable, that would be nice.
>
> if it isn't possible, then we probably want to look into being able to
> define
> the KConfigBase to use so that a KConfigGroup group can be passed in,
> giving
> some automatic scoping inside the config file and avoiding any possibility
> of
> naming collisions later on.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se

Having a prefix would be great.
We can also enforce some prefix from the kdevelop side, this config files
usage right now is very limited now so I'm not much concerned of this
namespacing effect even if I understand the risk and I'd love to be able to
forget about it :). Actually, IIRC it's possible to have groups inside
groups in KConfig files so this would be another way to separe :).

Thanks!
Aleix