Akonadi Calendar Dataengine

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 19:03:48 CEST 2010

On April 6, 2010, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Requests to it have to have the form: "calendar:yyyy-mm-dd:yyyy-mm-dd"
> where the two dates are a range.

could we replace calendar: with events:?

another concern is that if you have two calendars viewing similar data, the
data won't get shared. e.g. if one calendar is viewing march and the other one
april, it would be nice if the DataEngine would not duplicate the dates on
each side of march and april (to show "spill over" between the two months).

would it be possible instead (additionally?) to support:

events:2010:week50

this would mean the calendar would have to request 6 sources instead of 1 in
many cases, but it would ensure the data is shared as much as possible.

it would also mean that when switching from march to april, only 4 weeks of
data would need to be fetched instead of 6.

> I'd be happy if anyone would write a quick calendar list plasmoid as
> example, it could simply show a list of dates and the corresponding event.

i'd rather just plug it right into the actual calendar. it's not hard. let's
work out the above details and then i'll work on adding it to the clock
calendar.

humru othro a kohnu se