Javascript plasmoids

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:28:27 CEST 2009

On August 31, 2009 20:04:37 Federico Kereki wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was thinking about developing two plasmoids, and wondered whether the
> JavaScript bindings/libraries/whatever were up to this:
>
>    - a RSS news reader: needs to be able to connect to a remote server
>    (Ajax), get XML data, process it, and update its view. Must be able to
>    configure to which sites to connect.

we've already got an rss dataengine, so an rss plasmoid will be easy (forget
all the ajax and xml processing, all you have to do is diaplay the data
nicely)

>     - a fancy clock: needs to get the time, and show it with fancy
>  graphics. Must be able to configure the display format, picking a style
>  out of several.

hmm. can javascript plasmoids use libplasmaclock? I'm not sure. without that a
clock would be more work and less fancy (but still possible of course).

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com