Moved runner "Amarok" to kdereview

Jan Gerrit Marker jangmarker at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:58:40 CEST 2009

Hello,
> I would prefer to make it more generic.
Done that in the code. If you say that it is ok, I'll change the runner's
description and the name (maybe to "Control Audio Player"?).
Does anybody know some MRPIS players so I can add them to the combo box? I
made the box editable but I would like to add the most famous players. Thanks.
> > * the runner is not setting any syntaxes; this prevents runtime help from
> > working for this runner. this should be done in reloadConfiguration()
Done, too.
> > * amarokRunning() shouldn't be called in every match(); it should be
> >  checked once in a method connected to the prepare() signal, probably
> >  setting a bool member that can then be checked for in match().
That's done.
> > * caching the values of songsInPlaylist, prevSongAvailable and
> > nextSongAvailable would be a good idea instead of calling them repeatedly
> >  in match()
I tried this, I'm not sure if I've done it correctly. So one question to this:
When is the signal prepare() emitted?
> > * there is this line in match():
> >
> >     searchCollection = config().readEntry("searchCollection", true);
> >  //resets searchCollection
> >
> > is it really needed?
My memory played a trick on me. It isn't needed, I deleted it.

Thanks for your help :)
--
Jan Gerrit Marker (jangmarker)