activities overview, take N

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Oct 14 19:54:08 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 14 October 2009 17:27:58 Chani wrote:
> On October 14, 2009 06:47:35 David Baron wrote:
> > I have been reading or glancing this thread for a while (many longer
> > posts are unreadable because of all the variations of included text being
> > answered).
> >
> > If we are not talking about a one-to-one desktop-activity relationship
> >  which might be the most straightforward to understand, in other words an
> >  activity is a group of icons, windows, tasks and not a desktop per
> > se....
>
> no, that's not what an activity is.

So, Chanale, time to fess up :-)
What is an activity in your mind? This to me and I think many others is a
point of much confusion.
 What might it look like as PART of a desktop (why the folder-view comes to
mind)?

> > The current zoom out, set up, zoom in, find them all different on next
> > login...is hopelessly slow, incomplete and broken. I woud scrap it.
>
> ummm... dude. we've been talking about scrapping the ZUI for a while now.
> maybe you haven't been glancing at this thread as much as you think you
>  have.

I know this. I would like to see it out still in 4.3.x but maybe expecting too
much.

In terms of close-reading a lot of this discussion, as I said, much of it was
unreadable. This format (from Kmail) and this length is clear. Many screens
full of this or the '>' marking just the beginning of a multiline or
screenfull of cited text is night impossible to follow. So maybe I did miss
something. (In other words, folks, maybe do not automatically hit the reply
button keeping lengthy and growing discussion because the point to be made
just might get lossed in the forest :-))