Fwd: Some explanations/suggestion on plasmate

Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Thu May 28 21:31:00 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009, 16:18 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i'd rather see us use something that already exists as well, be that vng or
> whatever is used in QtCreator or, and this is my personal favourite btw,
> the git plugin in kdevplatform which already has what we need implemented.

Yes, that was my point too...use something that already exists. One less thing
to maintain also.

> there is no such thing as a file in the Plasma::Package that isn't part of
> the Plasma::Package, so i don't think this would do anything other than
> make another step that the user has to do and can get wrong (by forgetting)

I was thinking more in the way that the user just created a new graphic in
inkscape, saved it on the same folder as the project and wants to make that file
part of the project. If there is no "inotify" watching for new files on the
folder, there should be a way to add this new file to the project...

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia
Blog: http://labs.morpheuz.eng.br/blog/