Configuring time and date from context menu of digital-clock applet

dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 28 14:46:52 CEST 2009

>> PS: By the way, there is a bug about time configuration. By default, update
>> interval of digital-clock plasmoid is 60 seconds when showSeconds is false,
>> and 1 second if it's true. If you change time from clock kcm and
>> showSeconds is false, digital-clock applet refreshes itself 1 minute later.
>> Maybe updateInterval should be hardcoded as 1 second regardless of
>> showSeconds variable.
>
>hmm, not sure, would be  making it to do way more work just for the occasion
>of something that happens very rarely

I'd suggest having a DBus method for that, whenever the clock needs to update
we call org.kde.system-clock-refresh and attached applications like plasma clocks
would get it right.

Also for kde 4.4 i'd like to patch kcm to use policy-kit, and do the auth before the user
changes the time, this way the apply button
would not waste the enter password time (ie the user set the seconds manually,
and while typing the password the seconds aren't right anymore).

Cheers,
Daniel.

Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 28 de Maio de 2009 8:39:15
Assunto: Re: Configuring time and date from context menu of digital-clock applet

On Thursday 28 May 2009, Gökçen Eraslan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A patch for $subject is attached. This was the default behaviour in KDE3,
> now users have to open systemsettings to configure date/time.
>
> Any reviews, comments?

could make sense i miss that feature too...
however it will have to wait since we're now in string freeze, brrrr