Clock/Calendar bug (was Plasma::PopupApplet API change proposal)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Mar 24 19:35:52 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> The thing that strikes me as bad is the fact that the auto-hide is a side-
> effect of whether the popup is passive or not, and not something available
> through APIs.

that's actually partly the definition of "passive", and you can get at this
API-wise by using KWindowSystem (which is what PopupApplet is doing
internally), but the options are pretty limited and course grained as to what
you can do to achieve the desired effects. every option has a couple of side
effects, but that's not a plasma thing. don't know where we could start fixing
that. i played with a number of different window flag settings and couldn't
find The Perfect Match, only Close Matches. ... :/

humru othro a kohnu se