Comments on cool plasmoid popup animations

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:14:38 CET 2009

Sorry, the effect...it's that little window that has the "resize,
delete, configure" buttons for each plasmoid (not sure what to call
that window, I just say 'plasmoid utility popup' - PUP, tongue in
cheek).  The effect for that window is the one that I really like.  It
is smooth and fast, but not too abrupt.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so you'd prefer things disappearing and appearing on mouse movement
> everywhere? i don't think it would work quite as well as you expect.

No, I suppose that very quick successive abrupt animations would get a
little old.  But on the whole I do think the PUP effect is very
elegant and adds to the polish.  No patches, just peanut gallery
gabbing, sorry.  I do feel kinda worthless, but on the
whole...learning Qt just to adjust a tooltip animation is not in my
interest list.  I'll have to wait until I have a genuinely good idea.