applet browser: laying out the applet icons

Ana Cecília Martins Barbosa anaceciliamb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:02:59 CEST 2009

Hi!

> with a linear listing we can then take this widget and put it _right
> inside_
> the PanelController widget. so when the user clicks "Add Widget" in the
> panel
> they get the PanelController but with your interface in it.

Neat! :)

for the desktop, we can just throw up a very simple panel style widget at
> the
> bottom of the screen .. if there's a panel down there, it would even pop up
> the panel controller for that panel in add widgets mode. if there is no
> panel
> down there, just throw up this custom widget.

Got that! That's nice

> this is trivial work and, again,
> something i or someone like me can put in place for you so you can continue
> concentrate on the Add Widgets interface instead of learning how the
> plasma-
> desktop shell is put together ;)

Ok, if you're saying so, fine by me! :)

the category picker will be the tricky bit, i think. but we can
> discuss this more later (i think i'm already probably flooding you with
> input
> here.. sorry :)

The idea of Marco is nice and is probably one of the few ways of arranging
this list: "having a list of toggle buttons that permits to check an
arbitrary number of categories?" Maybe laying next do the search box, above
the applets list?!

Well, I would just need a visual confirmation that what is on my mind is the
same of what is on your mind and on Ivan's and everybody else's mind.
Sometimes the words just can't describe everything that's our mind, right?!
:)
Mocks of these new ideas for the new PAB have to be done so that the work
comes out exactly like everyone expects! So, can anyone provide me some
sketches or mockups ?! Please?! :)