applet browser: laying out the applet icons

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:30:37 CEST 2009

Not concerning myself with 'whether one-line is good or not' I just have a few
possible issues I wanted to tackle yesterday.

> inside_ the PanelController widget. so when the user clicks "Add Widget" in
> the panel they get the PanelController but with your interface in it. it
This is something I expected - we mentioned it yesterday. So, no complaints
here.

> for the desktop, we can just throw up a very simple panel style widget at
> the bottom of the screen .. if there's a panel down there, it would even
The main problem I have with panel-pab is that I see no way to add widgets to
the desktop area below the pab. Possible solutions would include
 - fading (like it was planned for the last mockup) or even close when the
drag'n'drop goes out to the desktop
 - zoom out the desktop a bit so that it fits the rest of the screen
 - something else?

> all the control "chrome" (search widget, category picker..) can appear
> above this listing. the category picker will be the tricky bit, i think.
As you've mentioned, this could prove to be problematic for vertical panels.
Any thoughts on that?

---

BTW, since we are planning to integrate browsing of the shared Pinda's network
applets, and GHNS applets into the pab itself, we'll need some kind of 2-level
categories or something...

cheerio