KRunner, missing scroll bar.

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:40:33 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 16:36:01 Sean wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Doesn't it seem odd that Krunner doesn't have a scroll bar? Now in 4.3 it
> uses a list view to show the items but has no scroll bar. Is there any
> reason for this?

At some point yesterday I had it working and I was going to commit, but then after some IRC consultation,
we decided to "do something more visually appealing than that".
You can check a screenshot here (until it lasts):  http://imagebin.ca/view/aKJVB7Ji.html

> If you look at it this way, the user has to completely guess if there are
> anymore apps in the list. I know that you can use the mouse wheel but that
> doesn't solve the main issue here. A scroll bar would tell the user as well
> that there are more items in the list.
>
> So the questions are;
>
> 1. Can you get a scroll bar in to KRunner as a bug fix?
>
> 2. How did this get missed and if it didn't, whats the logic for not having
> a scroll bar in Krunner?

Krunner scrolling has been introduced quite recently, so it still has some rough edges, e.g. the absence of
the scrollbar.
I would very much like to be able to find a satisfactory solution for this issue; I'll follow this thread to see if there are
interesting suggestions.

 Thanks

Jacopo